Show Barn Assistant / Cow Herd Assistant – B.R. Cutrer, Inc.
Summer Internship runs approximately May 15 to August 15
B.R. Cutrer, Inc. is a world-leading, progressive registered Brahman cattle operation located in Boling, Texas. We offer three internships throughout the year.
- Daily working at the BRC show barn, helping with feeding, halter breaking and show cattle preparation for show cattle and sale heifers, approximately 20 head.
- Attend any cattle shows with the ranch as part of the working crew
- Help with ranch jobs like working cows, branding, AI, herd testing, weighing bulls, loading out cattle, embryo transfer work, picturing sale cattle, etc.
- Daily feeding of pasture cattle and frequent trips to the feed store to pick up sack feed.
- Hauling cattle to bull stud, auction barn, vet clinic, feedlot, etc.
- Assist with Brahman Country Beef program
Position Qualifications and Requirements:
- Must have a basic knowledge of cattle and willing to learn. Preference given to those with experience with purebred cattle and show cattle or day to day ranch work.
Salary + Benefits
- $2000 per month base salary + housing provided
- Regular work hours are M-F 8 a.m. to 5 p.m, and Saturday 8 a.m. to noon, with feeding expected on the weekends and rotated between ranch staff. Working beyond 5 p.m. is frequently required especially during major show season or sale season.
Working Conditions: Outdoor work with Brahman cattle, most of the time at the BRC Showbarn. This job is very physically demanding. During the internship you will be asked to perform certain duties that require lifting up to 75 pounds.
To Apply: Please send email with your experience and/or a resume to email@example.com